Sunday, August 26, 2007

travel diary - Suva and Labasa

from peceli

Friday night.
I was on the official party with Rev Tuikilakila to welcome the Bishop of Papua New Gena who will be the guest for the Macuata Bose ko Viti. He was accorded a traditional ceremony then a lunch at the Holiday Inn with the official party.
He emphasised that they are the fruit of the work of the older missionaries who gave their lives in the mission field.

I have a a bit of flu but am not too bad but I just will stay home at night while Piqi and Wendy Junior and Jordan go to the singing competition in Toorak.

Saturday
The flight today fron Nausori to Labasa was fairly rough and foggy and reminded me of how it is sometimes at Melbourne Airport. Anyway we had an experienced pilot and he was able to land the plane in Waiqili airport nicely so I said to him Vinaka luvena. I still cough a bit but it's okay. My lunch today is Uto and Baigani vakalolo so it’s okay with me.

No comments: