Sunday, August 12, 2007

From a happy day to great sadness




from Peceli
The Vorovoro trip was very good with Mila, Talei, Degei and the boys with Bameti. We were welcomed by the Tui Mali and Ben the founder of the Vorovoro project Tribewanted. It was such a happy day. Then there is a great sadness with the loss of my sister Suliana.

Back at Vatuadova everybody is busy doing their allocated jobs, building sheds and cleaning the compound in preparation for all the visitors coming. They built special room for me to stay in Boso’s house. The funeral of my sister will be on Friday.

4 comments:

Pandabonium said...

Today is Bon in Japan, a Buddhist day for remembering those who have gone before us. K and I took flowers and incense to the graves of her grandparents.

I have never lost a sibling. I am sorry to read of your loss of Suliana, Peceli. Though it is a part of life we cannot avoid, it is always sad.

I know you will find strength and comfort in your family and faith.

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Going back to the village can be a joyful time, but there is a little cemetery on a small hill, not far from the houses, that brings great sadness because there are members of the family from four generations buried there.
w.

nzm said...

Isa - so sorry to hear of your family's loss, Peceli.

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Thanks nzm. Don't know if Peceli is going to the internet cafe in Labasa today. I think the family are too busy. I feel rather isolated from the Fiji family as I decided not to go but to hold the fort here in Geelong.
What's happened to your blog as it is very quiet?
w.