Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Painting with mellow yellow








from w
It's my birthday but there are no cakes this time, only the task painting the kitchen, Junior and me, white cupboards, brown ochre trim, and bright yellow walls. The kitchen is looking good so far, but I'm going crazy boiling the kettle next to the piano, buttering bread with a vegetable knife, junk everywhere but in the kitchen. We hope to finish tomorrow. When relatives called this morning I was in a tizz because I couldn't cook a meal for them.

Anyway my grandkids remembered this special day and sent pictures this morning and some minimalist art this evening. Good to see someone is carrying on the art tradition in the family.

2 comments:

Pandabonium said...

Happy Birthday Wendy! Another year shot to heck as my dad used to say. (Well actually he used stronger language than that.)

Nice art work from the grandkids. How fun. Good luck with the kitchen project. I'm sure it will be satisfying to see it completed.

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

The painting is three-quarters finished and the kitchen is looking very clean and bright, but I hate washing dishes in the laundry where the paint brushes are also washed, etc. Anyway it's a good opportunity to chuck out half of my kitchen stuff. We have enough catering things to look after sixty people I reckon!
w.