Friday, January 21, 2011

In the jungle the mighty jungle the lion sleeps tonight

Two Fijian youth explore Chinatown in Melbourne's CBD.







from w
One of the grandsons was singing that old African song 'wimoweh' which I taught kids to sing in Fiji many years ago and I was thinking of the rainforests of Fiji and the magnificent growth of plants and trees there. However I'm distant from that place now and jungles seem a bit claustrophobic. Somehow both the strong and weak survive by an interconnection, an interdependence, getting along somehow but some plants and trees do not survive such as the host tree when the banyan roots crush it. Here are some photos and images I made this week - not the mountain scenery of Fiji but in an Australian Botanical Gardens but the trees certainly remind me of Fiji.

2 comments:

My Wacky Friends said...

Quite worthwhile information, thanks for your post.

Catherine said...

Get your Logo design services package with free website Design plus Business Stationery design by selecting our supreme Logo package