Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Fiji Eagles Wings singing group


from Peceli
The other day in Pacific Harbour I met the man behind Eagles Wings, a lovely Christian singing group that produces DVDs. His name is Vere Bulamaibau and he comes from Lomaiviti and his wife is from Naikoro Nadroga. He kindly gave me some of his DVDs. When I put them on my TV back in Geelong, I realised just how good this group is. Some samples are on youtube which are not the quality of the real DVD. If you are interested to buy the DVDs the address is Eagles Wings Producton Box 96 Pacific Harbour or phone Fiji 3452360. The DVDs sell for about $19A and $3 postage. The girls are Vere's daughters and they sing beautifully in the Fijian language. The video production is excellent. For many of the songs the girls use traditional meke dance movements. Vere writes his own songs and translates from the Bible to make relevant Christian gospel songs.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes you are really true,I love their DVD especially the way they sing and their voices.Very talented sisters and are so lucky to have their father & mother around.....

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Many Fijians can sing really well and if a family is movtivated and has the opportunity to make a tape recording, their songs can become known. Can't say the same for Oz families - somehow there is a fear of singing instead of regarding it as normal!
w.

Unknown said...

Oh..very talented. I really LUV the voices and their songs. Praise God for that. Anyways can anyone help me to purchase a copy for myself..Plizzz.

jvunituraga said...

That's true they are different, I believe because they're singing verses of the Bible, The Word of God! Their new DVD album recorded in Vanuatu is now on sale for $10FJD. You can get it from the front of MH City Homemaker (opposite Suva Market)or you can call 7686 056 an order a DVD.

The group will be in US on 2nd or 3rd week of next month for a Crusade & Concert Tour to US and Canada.
God Bless you all.

isoa nausa said...

Hello I am trying to search for a song au a vosoti sang by the eagles wing