Monday, August 07, 2006

View of Vorovoro from the plane


The Chief's blog of tribewanted has some nice pics of Vorovoro Island from the air. Not many locals see it this way!

I wonder how the newcomers to the area are going to like kava drinking and can they eat cassava and fish every day? Okay, it's a nice positive story that the project is moving along. To read an enthusiastic arrival story and to see the pics go to chief's blog.

And by the way, I am not a PR person for tribewanted! Just someone with lots and lots of relatives in Mali and Vorovoro and Vatuadova.

It's my birthday today and Peceli woke me up at 5.30 a.m. trying to ring here from Labasa with his mobile phone! Starting and stopping. He's staying for a couple of days down at the bottom of a hill in his sister's house. Anyway we eventually talked. He'll be eating fresh fish while I eat fish and chips for my birthday!
W.

1 comment:

Pandabonium said...

Happy Birthday Wendy!