Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Monday in Deuba

from w
My niece's daughter Mereoni and I got off the bus at Pacific Harbour while Peceli went on to Lautoka. We had a lovely day and a half there with my relatives, swimming in the pool and going to the beach nearby. I made three drawings to post here.




But Tuesday night and Wednesday - forget it! I have been very poorly after eating some suspect 'chicken' in a dump of a cafe Tuesday afternoon back in Suva. Should have known better. Thanks to Doctor Jone at the medical clinic next to the Fiji Medical School. He was very reassuring and gave me some salty kind of mix to rehydrate and some glug to help with a kind of heartburn. A free clinic. The family doctor was out of town and fortunately my niece had worked at the Medical School and knew the ropes! I'm still wonky but have to be ready as another five people will join the household tonight. (Already there are nine here plus a small Indian boy from the upstairs flat who is here from 6.30 a.m. until dark. It's all about a birthday party.)

No comments: